TrioTel Communications, Inc. provides basic and enhanced telecommunications services within its service area. Basic telephone services are offered to the following communities at the following rates. Please note that rates are figured before tax and exclude other charges.
Alexandria Residence Service $14.00/Month
Alexandria Business Service $17.00/Month
Canova Residence Service $14.00/Month
Canova Business Service $16.00/Month
Center Residence Service $14.00/Month
Center Business Service $16.00/Month
Salem Residence Service $14.20/Month
Salem Business Service $28.00/Month
Spencer Residence Service $14.00/Month
Spencer Business Service $16.00/Month
Winfred Residence Service $14.00/Month
Winfred Business Service $16.00/Month
Emery Residence Service $12.25/Month
Emery Business Service $16.20/Month
Clayton Residence Service $12.25/Month
Clayton Business Service $16.20/Month
Local residence and business service includes:
●Voice grade access to the public telephone network
●Flat-rated local exchange service free of per minute charges
●Access to directory assistance services
●Access to other operator services
●Access to 911 emergency services
●Access to interexchange (long distance) services
●Dual tone multi-frequency signaling (touch-tone) service
The basic services described above are offered to all customers in TrioTel Communications, Inc. service areas. If you have any questions regarding telecommunications services, please call us at 611 or 425-2238.
Lifeline telephone service assistance is available for qualifying low-income subscribers providing the consumer is not already receiving Lifeline benefits from an alternate carrier (including wireless providers). This program provides for a monthly service discount on telephone service. To qualify, a subscriber must participate in or receive assistance from one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Formerly Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Household Income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL) (Free Lunch Program)
For further details contact (605) 425-2238 or 611
Relay South Dakota
Relay South Dakota provides telephone accessibility to people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf blind or speech disabled. Relay South Dakota is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with no restrictions on the length or number of calls placed. Relay South Dakota provides state-of-the-art technology with a full range of features and highly trained, professional Communication Assistants (CAs) to ensure that users are able to communicate easily and effectively - every time they place a call. All calls are strictly confidential and no records of any conversations will be maintained. Use Relay South Dakota when you need to be heard and understood on the phone!
The most common telephone device used to make a relay call is a TTY (text telephone). There are other telephone devices available, depending on the type of relay services used. South Dakota residents who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf blind or speech disabled are eligible to receive specialized telephone equipment through the equipment Distribution Program at CSD at minimal or no cost. For more information on how to obtain specialized telephone equipment in your area, call toll free 866-246-5759 (V/TTY).
How to make a relay call:
- Dial 7-1-1 from anywhere inside South Dakota, or dial toll free 800-877-1113 from anywhere outside of the state.
- Ask the CA to dial the area code and telephone number you are calling.
- The CA will type the spoken words to the TTY user and voice the typed words back to the standard phone you are calling.
- Speak slowly and directly to the person you are calling, not to the relay operator.
- Remember to say "go ahead" (GA on the TTY) each time you finish your part of the conversation to let the other person know to respond.
Call 7-1-1 or 800-877-1113 (TTY/Voice/ASCII) 877-981-9744 (STS) 877-981-9743 (Spanish) or 900-230-3301 (TTY/Voice/ASCII/Spanish) 877-981-2117 (VCO Direct) 800-676-3777 (TTY/Voice Customer Service)