WORLD PASSWORD DAY
The first Thursday in May is World Password Day. This day is used to promote better password habits! Passwords are used to secure personal information, create online shopping accounts, social media outlets, private life and life communications!
Secure passwords are important in the online world. It’s said that you should change your passwords every few months or any time you think your accounts have been compromised… Is it time for you to make the updates?
World password day was created to address the critical need for solid passwords. Most operating systems offer an easy way to create and store passwords. Apple’s “Keychain Access” is one example. You can also go online to generate passwords which are basically hacker-proof.
Take the #WorldPasswordDay pledge and share these password tips on social media:
- change an old password to a long, strong one
- turn on two-factor authentication for your important accounts
- password protect your wireless router
- don’t store passwords on your computer or phone
- log off when you’re done with a program
- periodically remove temporary internet files