The James L. Bass Legal Scholarship:
With an active law career that spanned more than 70 years, James Bass helped secure funds for rural telephone systems to bring modern telephone service to rural areas. He was pivotal in the creation of NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association, where he served as one of the organization’s earliest Presidents. Mr. Bass continued his leadership with service for more than 50 years as legal counsel, guiding NTCA through many challenges and opportunities.
Recognizing Mr. Bass’s impact to the industry and his passion for the legal profession, the NTCA Board established a scholarship for students entering their first year of law school and who have an interest in rural communities. The first James L. Bass Legal Scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2022 and be at least $5,000.
The Application Deadline is February 25th, 2022.
James L Bass Legal Scholarship
Foundation for Rural Service Scholarship:
The foundation annually awards scholarships to an exceptional group of rural students for their first year of college or vocational school to a select group of the over 1,500 applicants. All applicants require sponsorship by an NTCA—The Rural Broadband Association member company to be eligible.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be sponsored by a current NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association member.
- Be accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Express an interest to return to a rural community following graduation.
The application deadline is February 25th, 2022.
SOUTH DAKOTA TELECOMMUNICATIONS Association Scholarships:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Are accepted into or attending a multi-year program degree at any accredited technical college or accredited post-secondary higher education institution in South Dakota for the fall 2022 semester;
- Are majoring in a degree/program or field of study that is useful in the telecommunications or broadband industry or which significantly relies on the use of broadband services and related technologies (see examples below); and
- A customer/member or have a parent or legal guardian that is a customer/member of an SDTA member company (TrioTel is a member).
How to Apply:
1-Complete the online application at: https://sdtaonline.com/sdta_scholarships.php or
2-Submit typed application via E-mail: email@example.com or
3-Submit typed application via Mail to: South Dakota Telecommunications Association, PO Box 57, Pierre, SD 57501.
The SDTA Memorial Scholarship application deadline is June 15, 2022.
SDTA Memorial Scholarship Application